The Commack School District provides a unique opportunity for students who are interested in a specific career area to obtain a non-paid, on-site career exploration experience. This program allows the student to observe and/or work with a mentor and gain insight into the profession. Interested students must be interviewed and selected for the program. These internships are available to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Seniors receive preference on all internships. The program is run in partnership with Western Suffolk BOCES, Wilson Tech.
Guidelines for Eligibility:
- Students must be in good academic standing, have good attendance and a clean discipline record to be considered for the internship program. Excessive absences may result in the student being removed from the internship program.
- All students must be interviewed by the Career/Internship Teacher before they are accepted into the program.
- Students are required to participate in a mandatory field trip to the internship site they are interested in.
- Students may participate in more than one internship based on availability.
- All students are required to complete a Wilson Tech application.