Board of Education Goals 2022-2023
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment:
Continue to support the development and ongoing enhancement of a well-balanced, developmentally appropriate curriculum that allows all students to be prepared to accomplish their individual goals.
Continue to support the professional growth of educators and leaders with a renewed focus on cultural awareness and small group instruction while further enhancing pedagogical skills based on teacher strengths.
Cultivate an atmosphere of informed cultural awareness and inclusivity, which seeks to create an environment wherein all students feel valued and value those around them.
Social and Emotional Well-Being
Continue to provide an educational program in which all students can learn the social, emotional, academic, and physical competencies in an environment that is as safe and healthy as possible.
Establish partnerships with community organizations to serve as a resource for students and families in need of linkage to mental health support, training, and care.
Continue to support the professional development of staff regarding social and emotional programs to cultivate a healthy and safe school culture and climate.
- Further establish community outreach efforts to develop a sense of community by promoting and fostering positive relationships among students, parents, staff, and the community at large.
- Support the in-depth review of the District’s external and internal communications, in all its modalities, to result in enhanced two-way (to-District and from-District) communication with all stakeholders (e.g., students, parents, staff, community-at-large).
- Continue to engage Board of Education -level committees on various topics with clear objectives, values, and goals.
- Continue the District’s work towards advocacy to further the voice of the school community with our elected officials.
District Business and Operations:
- Continue to evaluate health and safety protocols and security procedures to ensure the well-being of students and staff.
- Continue to support the District’s multi-year plan for the maintenance and improvement of District facilities in order to provide students and staff with a healthy and safe learning and working environment.
- Continue to develop a fiscally conservative budget that helps maintain the integrity of Commack’s programs and aligns with the community’s expectations.
Commack, a College and Career Preparatory District