Board of Education Goals 2023-2024
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment:
Continue to review, refine and enrich our K-12 curriculum, focusing on student engagement and meaningful learning experiences. Prioritizing real-world application of knowledge and fostering critical thinking and problem-solving skills, allows us to empower all students to reach their full potential and accomplish their unique individual goals.
We value the unique strengths of our teachers and recognize the vital role they play in shaping students' learning experiences. To further enhance our culture of innovation and excellence, we are committed to providing comprehensive professional development opportunities with a focus on continuous improvement and innovative training that will equip our staff with the resources they need to deliver exceptional learning experiences for all students.
Continue our commitment to cultivating an atmosphere of cultural awareness, and inclusivity where we embrace diversity and celebrate our individual experiences.
Social and Emotional Well-Being
Continue to provide the leadership that fosters an educational program in which all students can flourish academically while developing strong emotional intelligence, enabling them to thrive both inside and outside the classroom.
Continue to support the professional development of staff with an emphasis on the overall emotional well-being of all students and staff as we look to create a nurturing space and inclusive environment.
- Further establish community outreach efforts to develop a sense of community by promoting and fostering positive relationships among students, parents, staff, and the community at large.
- Support the in-depth review of the District's external and internal communications, in all its modalities, to result in enhanced two-way (to-District and from-District) communication with all stakeholders (e.g., students, parents, staff, community-at-large).
- Continue to engage Board of Education-level committees on various topics with clear objectives, values, and goals.
- Continue the District's work towards advocacy to further the voice of the school community with our elected officials.
District Business and Operations:
- Recruit, select, and support instructional and non-instructional staff members who will push the mission and vision of the Commack School District forward.
Provide the leadership to evaluate health and safety protocols and procedures to ensure the well-being of students and staff.
Engage in multi-year planning for the maintenance and the improvement of District facilities in order to provide students and staff with a healthy and safe learning and working environment.
Lead the development of a fiscally conservative budget that helps maintain the integrity of Commack's programs and aligns with the community's expectations.
Commack, a College and Career Preparatory District