IMPORTANT: All students must complete the FERPA Privacy Notice before the Counseling Center can process applications.
- Go to www.commonapp.org and create a Common Application Account. This account is required to submit applications electronically through Naviance, for colleges who utilize the Common Application.
- Go to Education under Common App, add Commack High School under Current or Most Recent School.
- Students can only see the Recommenders and FERPA section once they've added at least one school to their application.
- The FERPA release authorization is found within the Recommenders and FERPA section of the my colleges tab, and the "release authorization" link must be checked with the FERPA decision.
- Complete the Common Application Account Matching Process.
- Log on to Naviance (contact Counseling Center for account or login help).
- Select the “Colleges” tab, then “Colleges I’m Applying To.” The Common Application Account Matching screen is displayed at the top of the page.
Common Application Colleges
- Log on to your Common App account.
- Under College Search, find and add colleges to your 'My Colleges' list. If you cannot find a school, see below for Non-Common Application instructions.
- Complete all required items (designated by a red asterisk) under Common App and My Colleges tabs.
- Pay required application fee and submit application(s).
Non-Common Application Colleges
- Go to Admission page of college website to find online application.
- Complete application as instructed, pay required application fee and submit application.
SUBMITTING REQUIRED MATERIAL
Submit the Google Application Processing Request form (hard copies are available in the Counseling Center) .
- By October 1 for applications with November 1 deadlines
- By October 15 for application with November 15 deadlines
- By November 1 for applications with December 1 deadlines
- By November 15 for applications with December 15 - January 1 deadlines
- 15 School days before deadline for deadlines after January 1
**NO REQUESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING RECESS, WINTER RECESS, MID-WINTER RECESS OR SPRING RECESS**
The Counseling Center will electronically submit the following items through Naviance or mail them to the few colleges that still require hard copies.
- Official Transcript, Counselor Recommendation, Commack High School Teacher Recommendations, Secondary School Report, Commack High School Profile
SAT’s and ACT’s
Students must request official score reports through the appropriate testing agency
Students are responsible for sending all other required or optional items