Commack District School-Year Protocols:
If your child is sick, please keep them home from school and contact a medical provider if necessary.
The New York State Department of Health Requires the following for individuals who test positive for COVID-19:
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must isolate for a minimum of five days, where day 0 is the day of symptom onset or if asymptomatic, the test date.
- Isolation ends after 5 full days if the individual is fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication and other symptoms improve.
- Individuals returning from isolation, are required to mask in school on days 6-10.
Supports, such as Google Classroom and extra help are available to all students
Homebound instruction will be available to students who qualify
Students who have COVID-19 Symptoms:
- Suffolk County Department of Health recommends testing of symptomatic individuals.
- If a student is sent home with COVID-19 symptoms, the District will offer a COVID-19 Test Kit to the parent/guardian picking up their child.
- Symptomatic students who are not tested must be excluded from school until they are fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms are improving.
All other guidance from the New York State Department of Health are RECOMMENDATIONS (not required).
- Masks - Mask wearing is optional for all students and staff
- Quarantine - Individuals do not need to quarantine if exposed to COVID-19
- Additional resources and information can be located on the SCDHS and NYSDOH websites.
Please contact the Health Office at your child’s school to report a positive Covid case
Below you will find helpful information from the Suffolk County Department of Health. Should you have an questions or concerns, please call 311. Representatives are available Monday-Friday 9am-6pm and Saturday-Sunday 10am-4pm.